Calling all comedy feature screenplays! ScreenCraft is tickled to announce our 1st Annual Comedy Screenplay Contest. We look forward to reading your scripts and announcing our success stories in October. Get your script read at top studios AND get a shot at winning our top prize and consideration for representation at the top comedy management / production company in Hollywood.
- Judging panel includes 3 development executives at Lionsgate, Paramount and Sony.
- First place prize is $1,000 + phone consultation with a comedy lit manager at Mosaic Media Group which represents the top comedy writers & talent, including Jim Carrey, Sacha Baron Cohen, Will Ferrell.
- Runner-Up will receive $100 + a phone call with a top literary manager/producer.
- Top 10 finalists will receive a page of expert development notes from one of our judges.
- **Early submission fee is only $25 until July!** After July 1st 2013, the standard submission fee is $49. Multiple script entries are welcome. Final submission deadline is 12pm PST on October 1st 2013.
Additionally, First Place and Runner-Up will receive a complementary SCREENWRITING SOFTWARE package from Celtx! This includes:
- Script for Mac OS X
- Script for iPad/iPhone
- 1 year subscription to Edge online workspace
If you're interested in trying your hand at a comedy screenplay, we offer many screenwriting consultation services. Or just take a comedy lesson from Liam Neeson and Rickey Gervais: