Open For Entries: The 2014 ScreenCraft Action/Thriller Script Contest!
The overwhelming presence of nonstop shootouts, car chases, explosions, robots, angsty spandex-clad superheroes and militant simians can only mean one thing: it's blockbuster season. So, getting in the swing of things, we're thrilled to announce the launch of the second annual ScreenCraft Action/Thriller Script Contest! We had a suitably epic launch last year, but we're expecting bigger and better stakes for the sequel: more scripts, more kick-ass set pieces, more complex and sure-to-be-iconic heroes and heroines and more unforgettable stories. Let the deluge begin; we want to read them all.
This year, we've raised the first place cash prize to $2,000. Escape Plan screenwriter Miles Chapman has come onboard to consult with the writer of the winning script, as will a soon-to-be-announced top action producer! Second place comes with $200 and a consultation with a top literary manager. The top 10 finalists will all receive a page of development notes, but the real prize is really scoring targeted reads with our first-rate judges panel, which includes our Face/Off screenwriter friend Michael Colleary and a battery of execs and producers. Check out the full list below:
- Aaron Ensweiler, 20th Century Fox – Aaron is Vice President at 20th Century Fox-based production shingle Hutch Parker Entertainment (THE WOLVERINE, X-MEN DAYS OF FUTURE PAST).
- David Whitney, Paramount – David is Director of Development at Disruption Entertainment at Paramount. He previously worked for Lionsgate, selling the rights to Academy Award winner CRASH and several installments of the SAW series, and at Universal Pictures and Warner Brothers. David brings a personal love of graphic novels, a passion for manga, and the desire to adapt both for the silver screen.
- Ari Lubet, 3 Arts Entertainment – Ari is a manager at 3 Arts Entertainment, the management company behind such talent as Chris Evans, Keanu Reeves, Jessica Alba, Taylor Schilling, James Franco, Charlie Day, Ray William Johnson and many more!
- Tanner Mobley, Nu Image – Tanner is a creative executive at Nu Image, the independent production company headed by legendary producer Avi Lerner, whose credits are too numerous to mention (see the IMDB page here for full credits). Here are a few of his credits: OLYMPUS HAS FALLEN, THE EXPENDABLES, CONAN THE BARBARIAN, TRESPASS, BROOKLYN’S FINEST, RAMBO and many more!
- Juan Castro, producer – Juan is a graduate of UCLA and co-produced ROLE MODELS, starring Paul Rudd and Sean William Scott, for Universal Pictures. He has several projects set up at different studios (e.g. New Regency, Sony, and Fox Studios) with director Luke Greenfield. He is currently in pre-production on ARABIAN NIGHTS, which will star Sir Anthony Hopkins and Liam Hemsworth and be helmed by director Chuck Russell (THE MASK, ERASER). Juan originated the concept with screenwriter Barry P. Ambrose, based on the classic stories, and serves as executive producer. He has optioned several scripts, as well as performed rewrites and writing assignments for both feature films and a television pilot.
- Adi Shankar, 1984 PDC – Adi is a producer behind such elevated action hits as LONE SURVIVOR, THE GREY, DREDD, MACHINE GUN PREACHER, KILLING THEM SOFTLY, BROKEN CITY and more!
- Lucy Mukerjee, After Dark Films – Lucy is Vice President at After Dark Films, the production company behind many action films including TRANSIT, BULLET TO THE HEAD and GETAWAY.
- Mika Pryce, Warner Brothers – Mika is a creative executive at the WB production shingle Langley Park, the company behind GANGSTER SQUAD.
- Cameron Jewell, Endgame – Cameron is a development executive at Endgame, the production company behind LOOPER, HOMEFRONT and THE BROTHERS BLOOM.
- Matt Richmond, ImageMovers – Matt is a development executive and longtime fixture at ImageMovers, a shingle based at Universal and the brainchild of Robert Zemeckis. Zemeckis’ credits include such classics as ROMANCING THE STONE, BACK TO THE FUTURE, MATCHSTICK MEN, CAST AWAY, FOREST GUMP, BEOWULF, REAL STEEL, and FLIGHT.
The early entry entry deadline is fast approaching! FULL INFO HERE