FINAL DEADLINE FOR THE PILOT CONTEST!
So you want to be a writer in Hollywood?
JOIN THE PILOT LAUNCH- Final Deadline MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 15TH, 11:59PM
In a recent “Story” seminar Robert McKee stated that all the ideas he was pushing to be told in film had moved to television. Think about it. We have shows set in a women’s prison, motorcycle gang, homes for the elderly, on a submarine, Victorian England, and even in outer space. There has never been a better place to be a writer than in TV today.
As our panel on Writing for TV and Beyond Panel mentioned last week, ANYTHING is possible on television now and producers as well as networks are hungry for content. This, coupled with the drought in feature film, had made Television one of the most exciting platforms for unique stories and characters.
When the WGA released the numbers on jobs in feature film writing the numbers were down 25% over the past five years and on a steady decline in the past two.
It’s true we are in a Golden Age of Television and it does not show signs of stopping down. Shows like Mad Men, Breaking Bad, and The Sopranos guided the way for Cable to emerge as a real contender with interesting content and every year hundreds of spec pilots are sold compared to last year’s mark of 67 spec features.
We at Screen Craft always want to be at the forefront of what’s next. With every contest our goal is to get the winners into the hands of industry professionals that can help advance the writer(s) careers.
With Pilot Launch we’ve gone above and beyond that. This year our esteemed panel includes names from HBO, 3Arts, and Sony. If you want to work in Hollywood, TV really does have most of the opportunities and there is no better contest for it than here at Screen Craft.
- Jen Grisanti, acclaimed Story Consultant, International Speaker, Screenwriting Instructor for NBC’s Writers on the Verge, Blogger for The Huffington Post and author of many books. Jen’s development notes and professional career consultation are consistently regarded as the best in the industry.
- Ben Simpson, development executive, HBO, premium cable network with such hit comedy shows as VEEP, EASTBOUND AND DOWN, GIRLS, SEX AND THE CITY, SILICON VALLEY, CURB YOUR ENTHUSIASM, THE LARRY SANDERS SHOW, FLIGHT OF THE CONCHORDS and so many more.
- Ari Lubet, manager at 3Arts Entertainment, the management company and production company behind such shows as BROOKLYN NINE-NINE, SILICON VALLEY, PARKS AND RECREATION, 30 ROCK, THE MINDY PROJECT, LOUIE, IT’S ALWAYS SUNNY IN PHILADELPHIA, SAINT GEORGE and more. Clients of 3Arts Entertainment include such comedy greats as Tina Fey, Amy Poehler, Aziz Ansari, Louis CK, Maya Rudolph, Kevin Hart, Mindy Kaling, George Lopez, Matt LeBlanc, BJ Novak, James Franco, Charlie Day, Ray William Johnson and many more!
- Taylor Benzie, Manager at Kaplan/Perrone
- (Undisclosed)Development Executive at SONY Television, with such current comedy shows as COMMUNITY, ROBOT CHICKEN, THE GOLDBERGS, DROP DEAD DIVA!
- Joe Farrell, Director of Development for Film and TV at FUNNY OR DIE.
Deadlines and Fees:
Final Deadline: Sept 15 – $65 - 11:59PM