“This was a life changing weekend for me as I signed with a Literary Manager and got a
script request from a great producer.” - Dave Pileggi, ScreenCraft Conference Attendee
"It was freaking amazing! Useful, real-world information and helpful, real-world contacts. ScreenCraft is hands down one of the best in the business!" - Rhonda Baraka, screenwriter and filmmaker (signed with a literary manager she met at 2018 ScreenCraft Writers Summit)
“I have never been a part of a conference where I felt so well-taken- care-of from start to
finish! I had a great time, loved my panels and enjoyed the whole experience.” - Jeb Stuart, writer of DIE HARD, THE FUGITIVE, ScreenCraft Conference Panelist
2019 Speakers & Mentors
Oscar-nominated Screenwriter (INSIDE OUT, THE GOOD DINOSAUR, CAPTAIN MARVEL)
Steven de Souza
Screenwriter (DIE HARD, THE RUNNING MAN, COMMANDO)
Screenwriter (THOR: RAGNAROK, Pixar’s TOY STORY 4)
Screenwriter & TV Writer (STAR TREK BEYOND, BIG LOVE, THE CLOVERFIELD PARADOX)
Literary Manager, Kaplan/Perrone (Company represents writers of THE FAULT IN OUR STARS, THE DISASTER ARTIST, 500 DAYS OF SUMMER)
Writer of EMMY-winning THE MATTHEW SHEPARD STORY
Producer, Former TV Executive, Speaker and Consultant on Film/TV Development and Production (FX Network, AMC Network, Walden Media and More)
Literary Manager, The Gotham Group (Clients wrote/directed SUPER TROOPERS, AMANDA KNOX, RAFIKI, etc)
Director, Screenwriter (B-GIRL, CryptTV, DreamworksTV, Verona Graphic Novel)
Executive Producer, Showrunner, CW’s Legacies, The Vampire Diaries, The Originals), and Executive Producer/Director, CW’s“Roswell, New Mexico”
VP of Current Programming at WBTV (Oversees THE 100, LEGENDS OF TOMORROW, VERONICA MARS, LETHAL WEAPON, CASTLE ROCK, WHAT/IF, and DOOM PATROL)
Director of Communications & Events, Writers Guild Foundation
National Director, SAGindie.
SAGindie promotes the working relationship between professional actors and passionate independent filmmakers.
Partner, Motion Picture Literary Department
United Talent Agency
Clients include writers/directors of CAN YOU EVER FORGIVE ME, KONG:SKULL ISLAND, AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR, LION, BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN.
Ben Cory Jones
Showrunner/Exec Producer (BOOMERANG), Writer (INSECURE, UNDERGROUND), Producer (STEP SISTERS)
Literary Manager, Management SGC
(Represents writers of MISS SLOANE, REVOLT, 13 REASONS WHY, Marvel's RUNAWAYS)
Director of Production at 20th Century Fox
(BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY, DEADPOOL 2, MURDER ON THE ORIENT EXPRESS, etc)
Academy Award-winning screenwriter, co-producer (BLACKKKLANSMAN)
Exec Producer WOLF HALL, Former head of BBC Channel Four Drama,
Author INTO THE WOODS, Story Consultant, John Yorke Story
Vice-President Scripted Programming, Fremantle (THE NEW POPE, AMERICAN GODS, AMERICAN IDOL)
Writer; Director of Script Competitions, Austin Film Festival
Literary Manager, Zero Gravity Entertainment
(Clients wrote HAPPY DEATH DAY, ISN’T IT ROMANTIC, etc)
Producer (DESTINATION WEDDING, B-GIRL)
Atlanta Film Festival Programmer
Netflix, Coordinator for Original Independent Feature Films. Previously Wayne worked for award-winning filmmaker Jon Favreau and at New Line Cinema
The Academy Nicholl Fellowships in Screenwriting, Senior Manager. The Nicholl Fellowships in Screenwriting is an international screenwriting competition established to identify and encourage talented new screenwriters.
Director of Workforce Development, the Georgia Film Academy. The Georgia Film Academy is a collaborative effort of the University System of Georgia and Technical College System of Georgia supporting workforce needs of the film and digital entertainment industries.
Screenwriter for DreamWorks, Disney, Paramount, Fox, Universal. Lecturer at Emory University and Georgia Film Academy. Founder of Screenwriter School. Author of Crash! Boom! Bang! How to Write Action Movies.
Headquartered at the historic Georgian Terrace Hotel
The 2019 ScreenCraft Writers Summit will take place at the historic Georgian Terrace Hotel. Since its opening in 1911, the hotel has been the place for numerous historic events and housed several prominent guests, including Clark Gable, Calvin Coolidge, Walt Disney, and F. Scott Fitzgerald. In fact, the option agreement for the movie rights to Gone with the Wind were struck in the lobby of this hotel before the book was published; it went on to win the Pulitzer Prize in 1937 and the film adaptation is one of the most iconic and beloved in American cinema history.
The ScreenCraft Writers Summit will feature panels, workshops, private mentoring and parties with top OSCAR and EMMY-winning screenwriters, as well as agents, literary managers, producers and studio executives. It will be an exclusive and unparalleled opportunity to learn from the best in Hollywood, in a beautiful environment where unguarded conversations and long-term partnerships can be forged. Elite Badge Summit attendees will have standby access to all the premieres and film screenings at the Atlanta Film Festival, as well as opportunities for networking with industry giants at the receptions, happy hours and parties.
- Three days of panels and workshops with Oscar, Emmy and WGA winning writers of film and television
- Summit opening night reception for all attendees and panelists
- Daily social events and networking opportunities with attendees and panelists and evening parties
- The Pitch Competition - Have your 2-minute pitch judged to make it into the top
five, who will pitch to celebrity judges for an amazing prize and bragging rights
as the “Best Pitch of the Summit!”
- Small Group Mentor Sessions: Small group personal meetings with industry panelists to
take your writing and business savvy to the next level
- The Mimosa Brunch: share an elegant catered mimosa brunch with VIP's and panelists, catered by the Georgian Terrace Hotel
Learn. Be inspired. Connect.
The best in Hollywood are coming to Atlanta in April. Join us for industry education, inspiration and southern hospitality.
Sold Out. 4 walk-up badges available at Box Office.
Summit Access Badge Details
- Three full days of celebrating the craft of screenwriting in Atlanta!
- Writers Summit opening night reception, exclusively for all conference attendees and panelists (Friday April 5th)
- Access to Summit panels and workshops with Oscar, Emmy and WGA winning writers of film and television. Participate in high-level discussions with the leaders of the entertainment industry and join craft-enriching sessions that will take your writing to the next level.
- All-Summit Nighttime Party on Saturday
- Entry to the free pitch competition to have your 2-minute pitch judged. The top five will pitch to a panel of celebrity judges, at the Pitch Party on Sunday April 7th, competing to win a fun prize and bragging rights as the “Best Pitch of the Summit!”
- A 75% discount on annual membership to the TSL 360 library of educational video content for screenwriters and filmmakers (including recorded panels from the Summit)!
Elite Access Badge Details
- All of the great programming as the Summit Access Badge above, plus:
- The Mentor Small Group Sessions: An hourlong session of small-group meetings, scheduled throughout the weekend, with panelists: Award-winning Writers, agents, managers, producers, studio executives, etc. Similar to “a general” in Hollywood, you will talk about your projects, goals, steps in the process, and get actionable advice from working industry professionals at the top of their game.
- VIP Cocktail Party: An exclusive cocktail party in the Georgian Terrace Livingston Bar with panelists and our sponsors (Saturday April 6th).
- The Mimosa Brunch: Share an elegant Mimosa Brunch, with the panelists and mentors, catered by the Georgian Terrace (Sunday April 7th).
- ATLFF Movie Hopper Badge: Standby tickets to ALL films at the Atlanta Film Festival (90% of films admit all standby ticket holders)
ATLFF + Elite Summit Combo Badge
- Everything in the ScreenCraft Elite Badge above, plus an Atlanta Film Festival All Access badge:
- Priority admission to all ATLFF films and premieres in Line A.
- Admission to all Atlanta Film Festival parties, including Opening and Closing Night parties.
- Admission to all ATLFF Creative Conference Panels and Filmmaker Happy Hours.
- Complimentary drinks at ATLFF Filmmaker Happy Hours.
- Option to ride Filmmaker Shuttle between ATLFF venues.
- 10% off ATLFF Merchandise
The Summit Headquarters is the The Georgian Terrace Hotel
659 Peachtree Street NE, Atlanta, Georgia
The 2019 Schedule is now available!
Now in its fourth decade, the Atlanta Film Festival—one of only two-dozen Academy Award® qualifying festivals in the U.S.—is the area’s preeminent celebration of cinema. The Atlanta Film Festival is one of the largest and longest-running festival in the country, welcoming an audience of nearly 25,000 to discover hundreds of new independent, international, animated, documentary, and short films, selected from 3000+ submissions from all over the world.
Recent festival guests have included Josh Brolin (NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN), Eddie Vedder (Pearl Jam), Gary Anthony Williams (MALCOLM IN THE MIDDLE), Chris Moore (GOOD WILL HUNTING,), Howard Zinn (The Peoples’ History of the United States), Ray McKinnon (THE BLIND SIDE), Margaret Cho (DROP DEAD DIVA), comedian Jeff Foxworthy, Tichina Arnold (EVERYBODY HATES CHRIS), John Sayles (PASSION FISH), and Hal Hartley (SIMPLE MEN).
The Atlanta Film Festival is a membership-based 501(c)(3) arts non-profit with a mission to lead the community in creative and cultural discovery through the moving image. ATLFF presents a diverse slate of year-round offerings for film-lovers and filmmakers. By bringing audiences and filmmakers together, the Festival has the opportunity to broaden the perspective of both artists and moviegoers.
The Atlanta Film Festival is offering stand-by access to to all ScreenCraft Summit badgeholders to all films screening at the festival, and likewise, all festival passholders will receive stand-by access to ScreenCraft Summit panels.
Please note that all badge sales and summit add-ons are fully refundable minus a $50 processing fee until March 1st, 2019. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to request a refund before March 1st. After that date, all purchases before and after that date are non-refundable and refunds will not be honored for any reason after March 1st. All badges are non-transferable and non-replaceable.