Syringe-Fed Ferrets by Samuel Martin has been selected as the Grand Prize Winner of the 2017 ScreenCraft Short Story Contest. Martin will receive the grand prize of $1,000 cash, a one-on-one consultation with a ScreenCraft mentor and introductions and phone calls with Hollywood literary managers.
Missives From The Green Campaign by David Armstrong has been named the runner-up. He will receive $300, and a one-on-one consultation with a ScreenCraft mentor.
Update – 5/22/18 – You can now read the full short stories by the winner here and the runner-up here.
Both Martin and Armstrong will have their stories published for a limited time on ScreenCraft and submitted to our network of literary magazines, agents, managers, publishers and studio executives, as will the following three finalists linked below:
- Jack Mulcahy, ‘Ware The Power
- Alison Reeger Cook, Psycho Babbles
- Jordan Hill, Marching Toward Golgotha
Congratulations to these writers, as well as the rest of the top ten finalists:
- Chris Vincent, Yackety-Yak (Don’t Talk Back!)
- Brenda Paynado, The Kite Maker
- Herb Jordan, A Seat At The Window
- Will Pei, The Golden Arowana
- Sohrab Homi Francis, Go Home
In addition to the ScreenCraft team, the jury this year included:
- Cheston Knapp – Managing Editor of Tin House Magazine
- Emily Cooke – Senior Editor at Harper’s Magazine
- Valerie Cates – Executive Story Editor at Random House Studios