The best in Hollywood are coming to Chicago in April.
Join us for industry education and inspiration.
The 2020 Speakers & Mentors Already Confirmed:
Oscar-nominated Screenwriter (INSIDE OUT, THE GOOD DINOSAUR, CAPTAIN MARVEL)
Television Writer, Showrunner (EMPIRE, JUSTIFIED, GREY’S ANATOMY, NASHVILLE)
Senior Manager, Academy Nicholl Fellowships in Screenwriting,
Academy of Motion Picture Arts & Sciences
Oscar-nominated Screenwriter & TV Writer (Pixar’s TOY STORY 4, STAR WARS: RESISTANCE, etc)
Karin Gist, Showrunner & TV Writer
(MIXED-ISH, STAR, HOUSE OF LIES, REVENGE, GIRLFRIENDS, etc)
Author of The Nutshell Technique: Crack the Secret to Successful Screenwriting
Director of Events and Communications at the Writers Guild Foundation
Writer & Exec. Producer, host of “Go Into the Story”
Professor, DePaul University School of Cinematic Arts
Associate Director, Feature Film Program, Sundance Institute
Author, “The Secrets of Story: Innovative Tools for Perfecting Your Fiction and Captivating Readers”
Department Chair and Head of Screenwriting, Scottsdale School of Film+Theatre.
Writer of EMMY-winning THE MATTHEW SHEPARD STORY
Kendra Chanae Chapman
Sylvia L. Jones
Shannan E. Johnson
Script Development Consultant, The Professional Pen
More mentors to be announced soon!
“I learned so much from the panels (Meg LeFauve was by far my favorite – she spoke to my heart every time), the pitching experience was incredible, and it was so enjoyable to meet other writers at similar stages of their careers as mine at the social events. Truly I’ve never found it easier to socialize with total strangers than at this event. I loved it.” – Nate Herzog
“It was freaking amazing! Useful, real-world information and helpful, real-world contacts. ScreenCraft is hands down one of the best in the business!” – Rhonda Baraka, screenwriter and filmmaker (she signed with a literary manager she met at the ScreenCraft Writers Summit)
“I have never been a part of a conference where I felt so well-taken- care-of from start to finish! I had a great time, loved my panels and enjoyed the whole experience.” – Jeb Stuart, writer of DIE HARD, THE FUGITIVE, ScreenCraft Conference Panelist
$375Reserve Your Badge
REGULAR DEADLINE: Feb 21st
After February 21st, price increases to $425
- Four days of celebrating the craft of screenwriting in Chicago!
- Access to opening night reception with all conference attendees and panelists (Friday April 24th)
- Access to Summit panels and workshops with Oscar, Emmy and WGA winning writers of film and television. Participate in high-level discussions with the leaders of the entertainment industry, get valuable pitch preparation and join craft-enriching sessions that will take your writing to the next level.
- All-Summit Evening Party on Saturday April 25th
- Entry to the free Pitch Competition to have your 2-minute pitch judged. The top pitches will pitch to a panel of celebrity judges, at the Pitch Finals on Sunday April 26th.
** The winning pitch receives a guaranteed signing with a literary manager (name to be released prior) as well as bragging rights as “Best Pitch of the Summit!”
- Optional add-on: Family-Style Dinner (Sunday April 26th before the Pitch Finals), and excursions in the city and cultural events (to be announced).
- 75% discount on annual membership to The Script Lab library of educational video content for screenwriters and filmmakers (including recorded panels from the Summit)!
$575Reserve Your Badge
REGULAR DEADLINE: Feb 21st
After February 21st, price increases to $625
All of the great programming as the Summit Access Badge, to the left, plus:
- The Mentorship AMA’s (“Ask Me Anything”): All elite badgeholders will be able to join two 30-min “AMA” session with one of our panelists: Award-winning Writers, agents, managers, producers, studio executives, etc. With only 10-12 people in the room, this is your chance to ask every burning question and get actionable advice from working industry professionals at the top of their game. AMA sessions will be scheduled throughout the weekend, and signup information will be released four weeks prior to the Summit.
- VIP Reception: An exclusive cocktail party reception in a private room at the Allegro Hotel with panelists and our sponsors (Saturday April 25th, 5pm-7pm).
- The Elite Badge Pre-Pitch “wine-down”: Wine & Cheese reception, with the panelists and mentors, on Sunday April 26th before the Pitch finals (5pm-6pm).
- Pitch Prep: Elite badgeholders will be able to sign up for personalized pitch prep sessions in the weeks before the Summit, to prepare for your official pitch time!
LEARN. BE INSPIRED. CONNECT.
The Summit Headquarters is Hotel Allegro
171 W. Randolph St., Chicago, Illinois
Headquartered at the historic Hotel Allegro by Kimpton
Hotel Allegro by Kimpton
171 W. Randolph ST.
Chicago, IL 60601
The glamour and pageantry of America’s Golden Era is alive and well at Kimpton Hotel Allegro. A historic gem in the heart of Chicago’s downtown Theatre District, surrounded by sights like Grant Park and State Street. This boutique haven is right in the middle of the Loop’s historic Theater District, and has played host to Hollywood stars and mafiosos throughout its colorful history. Join us for 3 full days of mentorship, panels and parties with some of Hollywood’s top writers, producers, studio executives, literary managers and agents.
The hotel is believed to be the first fully air-conditioned hotel in the world (it’s been given many modern luxury updates since then!), and the first hotel in the Midwest to have telephones in every guest room! The adjacent Palace Theatre soon became one of the epicenters of Chicago’s vaudeville scene with stars such as Jimmy Durante, Mae West, Sophie Tucker and Bob Hope performing there and all staying next door at this hotel. As vaudeville and big bands fell out of style, the neighboring Palace theatre eventually became the biggest movie theater in the entire city of Chicago in the 1940s!