Announcing the 2017 Short Story Contest Winners!
Syringe-Fed Ferrets by Samuel Martin has been selected as the Grand Prize Winner of the 2017 ScreenCraft Short Story Contest. Martin will receive the grand prize of $1,000 cash, a one-on-one consultation with a ScreenCraft mentor and introductions and phone calls with Hollywood literary managers.
Missives From The Green Campaign by David Armstrong has been named the runner-up. He will receive $300, and a one-on-one consultation with a ScreenCraft mentor.
Update - 5/22/18 - You can now read the full short stories by the winner here and the runner-up here.
Both Martin and Armstrong will have their stories published for a limited time on ScreenCraft and submitted to our network of literary magazines, agents, managers, publishers and studio executives, as will the following three finalists linked below:
- Jack Mulcahy, 'Ware The Power
- Alison Reeger Cook, Psycho Babbles
- Jordan Hill, Marching Toward Golgotha
Congratulations to these writers, as well as the rest of the top ten finalists:
- Chris Vincent, Yackety-Yak (Don’t Talk Back!)
- Brenda Paynado, The Kite Maker
- Herb Jordan, A Seat At The Window
- Will Pei, The Golden Arowana
- Sohrab Homi Francis, Go Home
Thank you to the semifinalists, quarterfinalists, and all who entered this competition, designed to spotlight cinematic storytelling at its best.
In addition to the ScreenCraft team, the jury this year included:
- Cheston Knapp – Managing Editor of Tin House Magazine
- Emily Cooke – Senior Editor at Harper’s Magazine
- Valerie Cates – Executive Story Editor at Random House Studios