The 2020 ScreenCraft Screenwriting Fellowship is accepting feature film and TV screenplay submissions!
Now in its 7th year, the ScreenCraft Fellowship is dedicated to discovering emerging talented screenwriters and helping to develop their careers with mentorship, industry introductions and community. Applications will be accepted until the final deadline on February 29, 2020.
While ScreenCraft’s genre-specific screenwriting competitions celebrate exceptional genre screenplays by tailoring the jury and prize package to each genre, the ScreenCraft Fellowship is focused on helping writers who are ready for professional screenwriting careers. If you’re a writer with several excellent screenplays under your belt, we’d love to consider your writing sample and application for this next season of our screenwriting Fellowship.
Here are some of the success stories from past ScreenCraft Fellowship winners and finalists:
2019 Fellowship winners and finalists:
- Obiageli Odimegwu signed with Metamorphic Entertainment
- Lucy Luna signed with Kailey Marsh at Brillstein
- Adam Lujan signed with Locus Entertainment
- Janine DeMaria signed with RAIN Management
- Annie Nishida signed with Empirical Evidence and has been staffed
- Paul Chang has signed with Romark
- Ivan Tsang has signed with 3 Arts
- Michael Mirabella signed with Scott Carr
- Caroline Franklin signed with Romark
- Liz Thompson signed with Mazo Partners
- Jennifer Guttieriez signed with Meridian Artists
- Monique Peek signed with Five Streams
- Kat Sienuic signed with The Characters Agency in Canada and is staffed on a Netflix show
2018 Fellowship winners and finalists:
- Davia Carter signed with Russell Hollander and staffed on USA Network’s Queen of the South
- Brock Newell signed with literary manager Adrian Garcia of Recon Lit
- Vanessa Carmichael has signed with The Machine
- Matthew Ryan optioned his pilot Get It Together
- Faith Liu signed with Gotham Group
- Tate Hanyok signed with Lit Entertainment Group
- Erica Tachoir signed with MXN Entertainment
- Zac Kish was hired as a staff writer at a production company
And previous years’ ScreenCraft Fellowship winners are making strides in their writing careers:
- Anna Klassen was a 2017 Fellowship recipient, who has been hired to write a feature film for Netflix and a feature film for Stranger Things star Millie Bobby Brown
- Mark Stasenko was a 2015 Fellowship recipient, who sold his TV pilot to a studio and subsequently was hired on a Peabody Award-winning Netflix show as a staff writer
- T.A. Snyder was a 2014 Fellowship recipient, who was hired to write a feature film for Millennium Films
For a list of many more ScreenCraft-winning writers’ successes, check out our Writer Success page.
And without further ado, here is the list of mentors for the 7th annual ScreenCraft Screenwriting Fellowship:
- Adam Kolbrenner, Lit Entertainment, renowned boutique literary management company known for such clients as Nicole Perlman, Scott Beck & Bryan Woods, Aaron Guzikowski, Josh Harto, Justin Marks and many more
- Kailey Marsh, Brillstein Entertainment Partners, the management company behind such stars as Brad Pitt, Amy Adams, Rachel Brosnahan, Rachel Weisz, Adam Sandler, Vin Diesel and many more
- Ari Lubet, 3 Arts Entertainment, the management and production company behind such shows as Orange is the New Black, Brooklyn Nine-Nine, Silicon Valley, Parks and Recreation, 30 Rock, The Mindy Project, It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Saint George and more. Clients of 3 Arts Entertainment include such legends as Tina Fey, Amy Poehler, Aziz Ansari, Maya Rudolph, Kevin Hart, Mindy Kaling, George Lopez, Matt LeBlanc, BJ Novak, James Franco, Charlie Day, and many more!
- Scott Stoops, Good Fear, the management company behind such notable talent as Evan Daugherty, James Duval, Tiffany Dupont and Billy Brown
- Jake Dellman, Verve Talent and Literary Agency, the agency behind many great writers, directors and actors as Colin Trevorrow (Jurassic World), Greg Russo (Mortal Combat), Emily Carmichael (Pacific Rim: Uprising, Jurassic World 3) and many more!
- Tracy Kopulsky, MXN Entertainment, the management company behind such celebrated filmmakers as Diablo Cody, Melina Matsoukas, Jesse Andrews and Amanda Marsalis
- Alex Platis, Untitled Entertainment, the management company behind such stars as Jared Leto, Penelope Cruz and Naomi Watts
Fellows will also meet at these major Hollywood studios:
Winners will meet with a Development Executive at WARNER BROS., the studio behind such films as Inception, Her, Interstellar, Creed, The Lego Movie, Wonder Woman, The Dark Knight, Harry Potter, American Sniper, and such television shows as Riverdale, The Big Bang Theory, Supernatural and Westworld for HBO.
20th CENTURY FOX
Winners will meet with a Development Executive at FOX, the studio behind such acclaimed films as Avatar, Deadpool, Independence Day, X-Men, Logan, The Martian and such celebrated television shows as Empire, The Simpsons, New Girl, Prison Break, Lucifer and Lethal Weapon.
Winners will meet with a Development Executive at NBC UNIVERSAL, the studio behind such films as Jurassic World, The Secret Life of Pets, Fast & Furious, King Kong, Get Out and such beloved TV shows as This Is Us, Will & Grace, Law & Order, Eureka, In Plain Sight and many more.
Winners will meet with a Development Executive at SONY / Screen Gems. Sony is the studio behind such celebrated films as Skyfall, Spider-Man, Hancock, Men in Black, Grown Ups and such television shows as Breaking Bad, The Goldbergs, Strong, Atypical, The Preacher, and Bloodline for Netflix.
Winners will meet with a Development Executive at LIONSGATE, the studio behind such films as The Hunger Games, La La Land, Divergent, Now You See Me, Saw and such television shows as Nashville, Mad Men, Tyler Perry’s House of Payne and many more.
Ready to submit your screenplay for consideration?