Coinciding with the beginning of August is the end of the submission period for the 2014 ScreenCraft Comedy Script Contest! We are accepting features AND shorts. Whether you have a screwball comedy, a rom-com, a dark satire or an action comedy, we want to read it…and you’ll want to enter to get access to our judging panel. Meet the team:
- Mark O’Connor, producer at Green Hat Films (THE HANGOVER, PROJECT X, DUE DATE)
- Alex Plapinger, executive at Montecito Picture Company (I LOVE YOU MAN, UP IN THE AIR, OLD SCHOOL, NO STRINGS ATTACHED)
- Billy Wee, executive at Happy Madison (Adam Sandler’s company)
- Dave Rath, manager at Generate (clients: Patton Oswalt, Kyle Kinane)
- Joe Farrell, executive at Funny or Die (owned by Yahoo and Will Ferrell). He is a Co-Executive Producer on Comedy Central’s @midnightand a graduate of USC’s Peter Stark Producing Program.
- Sean Covel, producer (Napoleon Dynamite, Beneath, Broken Hill)
- Taylor Benzie, manager at Kaplan/Perrone
- Ben Mekler, staff writer at Nerdist Industries
- Olivia Gerke, Manager at 3 Arts Entertainment, the management company behind such comedy greats as Tina Fey, Amy Poehler, Aziz Ansari, Louis CK, Maya Rudolph, Kevin Hart, Mindy Kaling, George Lopez, Matt LeBlanc, BJ Novak, James Franco, Charlie Day, Ray William Johnson and many more!
- TBD Literary Manager at Mosaic Media Group which represents many of the industry’s top comedy writers and talent, including such comedy giants as: Will Ferrell, Judd Apatow, Andy Samberg, Isla Fisher, Olivia Munn, Will Forte, Nick Kroll and many more!
In addition to cash prizes and subscriptions to WriterDuet Pro, winners will introduced to comedy writer David Mandel (EuroTrip, The Dictator, Seinfeld and Curb Your Enthusiasm) and Joe Farrell, Director of Development at Funny or Die.
The submission deadline is 11:59 PM PST on August 1st, so finish up your final polish and submit away!