Screencraft will be covering both Slamdance and Sundance beginning next week!
Here are the Slamdance jury members:
- Tom Hall is director of The Sarasota Film Festival in Sarasota, FL. From 1997 to 2000, he was Director of New Media for Bravo/The Independent Film Channel. In January of 2010, Tom was named one of Springboard Media‘s 20 under 40 in Film. Tom was an inaugural member of the indieWIRE blogging community with his blog, The Back Row Manifesto, which is now a standalone website.
- Matt Harrison has numerous feature film credits, including Kicked In The Head, which was executive produced by Martin Scorsese. His television directing credits include Sex And The City. Matt’s feature Rhythm Thief won a Sundance Jury Prize.
- Katie Mustard has overseen the production of 32 feature films, 20 short films, three feature documentaries, and dozens of commercials.
- Tim League is the founder and CEO of Alamo Drafthouse. He also co-founded Fantastic Fest, the largest genre film festival in the United States. Tim recently launched Drafthouse Films, a distribution label committed to releasing provocative, visionary, and artfully unusual films such as The Act of Killing.
- Herb Stratford is Programming Director for the Napa Valley Film Festival. He also serves as a film critic in Tucson, Arizona, and a Criticwire critic on indieWIRE.
- Monteith McCollum is an inter-media artist working in film, sound, and sculpture. His films have screened at numerous museums, including The Museum of Modern Art, Hirshhorn, and Wexner Center for the Arts. They have also screened at various festivals, including SXSW, Slamdance, Hot Docs, and Amsterdam & Osnabruck European Media Arts Festival.
- Andrew Edison is a young Austin-based filmmaker. Bindlestiffs, his first feature, won the Audience Award at the 2012 Slamdance Film Festival and went on to be picked up by Kevin Smith as the first acquisition under his Smodcast distribution label.
- David Greenspan is an editor and director for ABC’s Grey’s Anatomy. His USC graduate film, Bean Cake, won the 2001 Cannes Palme d’Or for shorts.
- Lise Raven‘s first feature film, Low, was one of the founding films of the Slamdance Film Festival. She has also written and directed three films for the Showtime Cable network.
- Jacques Thelemaque is a writer-director who co-founded Filmmakers Alliance. In 2004, he became co-president of FA Productions. He is a former Chief Community Officer at Withoutabox.com.
- Kendall Shanks is a self-taught artist and filmmaker from Chapel Hill, NC, specializing in art and set design. She is currently the production designer for the Shanks FX web series and is in charge of developing content for each episode.
- Joey Shanks screened his short film Sci-Fly at Slamdance in 2013, where he also proposed to Kendall Shanks. His web series Shanks FX is produced by PBS Digital Studios.
- Skizz Cyzyk has held positions at MicroCineFest, Maryland Film Festival, Atlanta Film Festival, and has served on juries and advisory boards for many other festivals. This is his 18th year as a Slamdance projectionist, 11th year on the Slamdance advisory board, and 7th non-consecutive year on the Slamdance jury.